Changing name on passport when getting it renewed

last updated
1 reply
2 users
teatime 08 Nov 2016

Hi. I live in the US and have changed my name on my US passport. My mauritian passort has my old name and is expired. How I do renew my mauritian passort and update it with my new name? Would the passport office in Mauritius accept my US name change court order? If not, what is the equivalent documentation in Mauritius?

1 Comment

Ask the Mauritians

Sharing local knowledge to make information more accessible to Mauritians, expats and tourists

Ask the Mauritians

Get help with your own questions, find what's new and talk with people on the same journey

This is a premium community exclusive to our members to discuss all things Mauritius where some of the discussions have been made public but read-only for you to get a taste of what it's like on the inside. Membership is £2.99 (approx. Rs135) for 30 days access, collected through Paypal and can be renewed or cancelled as you see fit.
1307 members . 1838 topics . 5966 posts
gices 09 Nov 2016

The US court order would be enough proof for your name change. Along with this decree, you would also need to send other documents as specified here namely NIC.