Ask the Mauritians

Sharing local knowledge to make information more accessible to Mauritians, expats and tourists

Join Community
Ask the Mauritians
1308 members 1838 topics 5966 posts

Work abroad with a engineering degree

Posted by
1 reply
2 users

im nearly graduating,i need some advice on whats the best method to get a job abroad,can i get one if i do my masters abroad in countries like canada,australia or france?

1 Reply

gices Level 6

I think the best route would be to enrol yourself on a course, like a masters degree, in your situation. Many countries will allow you to work for at least 1 year after completing your studies and if you can show you're a very hard-working person, then maybe the company which employs you will try to get your work visa sorted.

You also need to check whether the degree you currently have is equivalent to the same degree in the country you're looking to go to. Sometimes you may need to do an additional course to bring it up to that level. My brother had a BEng Civil Engineering from the University of Mauritius but that was not fully recognised in the UK, so he had to do another exam I think.

You really need to be abroad (UK, Canada, Australia, France etc) to look for work. This way you can go to interviews and show potential employers how determined you are.

It's not easy but if you put your head to it, you will be able to do it.

Like what you see?

Our one-click sign in system makes it easy to share your thoughts. You can ask your own questions, add comments and get notifications when people reply to you.

Ask the Mauritians